Wednesday 28 May 2014

Week 20, Top Dogs again!

Last week was another productive week for Aboyne Castle rods.
Low water, bright conditions weren't enough to stop this weeks rod's catching, we had not seen many fish showing all week but were averaging 2 a day!

The Norman party took Waterside & Ferrar and Aboyne Castle for the week, a great party with lots of laughs! Monday started fish less for us and we didn't see a lot which didn't bode well.
However by Tuesday Harvey got us off the mark with a 4lb fresh grilse from Upper Plantation, and Alex landed a nice sea trout from the Lorne, I'm excited to see if the sea trout will arrive in some numbers this year! I have been hard at the vice with some sea trout killers!

Peter Wheelhouse and George  had two from crofts on the Tuesday for the Craigendinnie rods, so I was keen to get back to the upper beat. 

On Wednesday I had the first view of my beat which I hope to see many more of during the season. As I looked up Crofts on a beautiful day, with the hills in the background and both of my rods playing a fish! There's no better feeling as a Ghillie!

Thursday we continued the success with Mike Stevens landing the first fish of the season from Lower Fontie and Richard breaking his duck with a cracking 16lb'r from Tanarmouth!

Friday and Saturday we continued to land fish from Jockie Fyfe, Jim Norman landed a nice 6lbr from Crofts and another for Micheal Trafford from the Lorne of the Saturday.

A successful week, and Aboyne Castle rods were yet again top on the river!

Lets hope next week we can keep it up. The water has been dropping steadily and i'm sure a little rise soon won't go amiss. Next week has forecast showers and easterlies which isn't ideal but I as ever remain optimistic!



No comments:

Post a Comment